Saturday, February 6, 2010

memories are like bullets, cracking my armor

You have questions, I have some answers:

01. No.
02. I've lost the point. Everything seems surreal lately, like I'm watching someone else fuck up her life.
03. I'm not interested.
04. I hope so but I really doubt it.
05. You never cared and I stopped trying. Or is it you never tried and I stopped caring?
06. Green.
07. Yes, like crazy.
08. Alienating all my friendships, yeah baby.
09. I could not begin to give a fuck.
10. Forty-two.


When I look back at what I write and how I write "love", it's easy to see what my version of true love is: friendship set on fire. As cheesy as it is, it's true. It's all laughter and dependency, understanding even without knowing everything, trusting the one who makes you laugh and smile and is always there, through good times and bad. The one who notices the little things (how important the little things are), the one you've grown so accustomed to in your life that you (in a way) take them for granted, as a given, like the air you breathe.


Apropos of nothing: Jensen Ackles is a gorgeous thing. It irritates me to no end when people don't understand how to use the word "nonplussed" (hint: it is not a synonym for "nonchalant") or confuse homey vs. homely, nauseous vs. nauseated, and faze vs. phase And if I ever did trust people, I no longer do. It wasn't even a conscious decision, merely defensive.


the whole world is watching - you haven't come this far just to fall off the earth

No comments: