Friday, October 30, 2009

playing your violin like a ukelele

The culture of "emo" nowadays has made it impossible to have your feelings hurt without being labeled "emo" or melodramatic or just too thin-skinned. It's no longer okay to just be human and have human reactions without people telling you to "lighten up" or not take things so seriously or just to get over yourself. :/

Though, to an extent, in this situation it is applicable. "Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter." The wisdom of Dr. Seuss is pertinent still.

You don't have to love me or the things I do, but I'd appreciate it if you would just let me be, to live my life as I do. I'm not forcing anything on you, am I?

Then again, I should also "man up" a bit. I put it out there, and that means getting judged and getting critiqued. Privacy rights are more of courtesy than a right of law when you're a public figure. (Am I a public figure? That's a weird thought. I never wanted to be famous, but to complain about problems like these is like complaining about having too much money. Um, I will never have too much money, thanks.)

On a slightly related note: I hate posting things up and discovering typos/mistakes later that I can't fix. D: It's my own fault for not proofing it beforehand but...augh. Still so sad.

My problems in this regard are shallow; don't worry about it. Hurt feelings heal and I have a guy friend who is enthusiastically reccing the Skip Beat anime at me, so that has buoyed me up slightly through amusement factor alone.

No comments: