Thursday, January 7, 2010

미치곘어나

S posted some thoughts on Avatar that make me :D a bit because she sums up in very precise words a lot of why this movie bothers me - and it helps that she's seen it? My dislike for the film is based off what I know it's about, but perhaps her words will have more weight considering she sat through all 2.5 hours of it. I'm not sure I can link or quote her without her permission so wait a bit on that. In summary, however, the movie shouldn't have tried to have a plot - and if it really was going to go the plot route, it failed spectacularly on a literary level (and not just on the sociological/race issues as I mentioned previously).

In different news, I am somewhat depressed by the fact that I have to go back to St. Louis so soon. I should call up V to see if we're still on for dinner tomorrow night... The weather here has been sunny though cold (but 30s aren't so bad); St. Louis is frigid and in the teens this week. :( Boo. But next week is supposed to go back up to the 30s. Winter, I'm not cut out for it.

I will regret not having been more productive over break, I know it, but part of me wants this last fling anyway. I'm also looking forward to being knee-deep in busyness again too, actually; stress is not my favorite thing but it seems to motivate me to be more productive. And what's law school without some complaining, right?

Not a long update because I need to drive my brother to his kung-fu lesson in about five minutes. I'll bring a book and do some reading.

Mei out for now. Emails and more contemplation/meta (too much meta for my own good) later.

No comments: