Friday, January 22, 2010

keeping an eye on the australian open too

dark blue, dark blue
have you ever been alone in a crowded room
well, i'm here with you
i said the world could be burning dark blue


Fannish things I've done recently: read Kimi ni Todoke and watched You're Beautiful. I will not share thoughts on them at this point because they will be long and I will go off on tangents and then it will be late and I will be tired. Perhaps another time.

School things I've done recently: intersession, intersession final, turned my 50-pg Note draft into an 80-pg Note draft and turned that in (still incomplete though, bah). First week of classes has gone fairly well though I've rediscovered the need to breathe coffee (it's really unfortunate) and also, oh stress. I remember what you're like. I also have been eating out too much this week because I haven't yet figured out a proper schedule for getting rides home. Not having a car is going to drive me crazier than ever this semester, I suspect. I see very few people thanks to my schedule. I suppose I am okay with this. I have been feeling antisocial this week but that is likely a product of stress; I need my readjustment period.

My thoughts on The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, briefly: the movie was strange and symbolic and imaginative and weird but...not too bad overall? I'm a bit weirded out by the girl being 16 though. Johnny Depp's scene was definitely my favorite - the ending left a bit to be desired.

My thoughts on Haiti: I wish WashU were doing more to fundraise. Personal donations are great and I encourage that but a collective effort would do so much more - as well as uniting people into a community. I've actually seen people online working with strangers do more than I've seen in the law school. I discussed this a bit with JH - hopefully we can convince SBA to sponsor a fundraiser.

My thoughts on kpop: I will punch you in the face if you talk to me about it unless you are one of a few select people. Off the top of my head, G or J.

My thoughts on food: I had a really good strawberry parfait today. I might have another one tomorrow. I need to eat more fruit, though apparently too much fruit at once makes me feel vaguely ill as well. Or maybe that was just the pineapple? I should get to work on that giant bag of oranges in our fridge... Also, I need to cook more. I can at least make kimchi bokumbap or kimchi jjigae with what we currently have. We need to go grocery shopping this weekend.

There is work to be done! It will get done! For now, I'm going to bed.

No comments: