Thursday, September 18, 2008

inner beauty is overrated

People who demand to be your best friend forever after knowing you for less than a week are presumptuous and ridiculous. Even if they aren't completely serious in their words, their actions are proving otherwise, because there is a certain type of insidiousness in how they are clinging to you and demanding your attention. It screams look at me! look at me! love me, love me, make me your most important!.

It's disgusting and a little pathetic, and I'm personally offended that you either 1) can't see it, or 2) are allowing it anyway, especially in the face of the fact that it upsets me. Doesn't it count at all that we've known each other longer and are really rather close to each other? Is it wrong of me to expect you to value our friendship a little more than whatever you might have with this other person?

Is it wrong of me to expect you to, if not understand where I'm coming from, at least care enough to reach out to me and try to make it better?

No comments: