Sunday, January 11, 2009

my world revolves around food

This is one of those days where I am going to eat six or seven times a day and still be hungry.

I'm not sure if my appetite has increased because of law school (spending seven consecutive hours staring at your casebooks is actually incredibly energy-draining), or perhaps over break (when I had the luxury of my parents feeding me all the time). Either way, I've come back to St. Louis hungry all the time, for everything except Mexican. See, don't get me wrong: I have nothing against Mexican food. I don't hate it or even dislike it. I'll eat it. I will just never really enjoy it, I don't think. It's all those beans and cheese and rice cooked wrong. I'm also just not a fan of flour tortillas. (But a naked burrito from Qdoba generally makes me happy, and oh the salsas are so good.)

But I don't have anything against cheese either: I just spent a good ten minutes googling pictures and recipes of soufflé. Interestingly, the sweet ones just don't interest me as much (I was never a big dessert person, I admit it) as the ones with cheese. Or meat. I do so like my meat. Cheese and spinach just makes me blissful. Now I'm craving a breakfast soufflé, and it's four in the afternoon. This would be a good time to go home and help my roommates cook, wouldn't it? Or it would just make me hungrier. Maybe it's a good time for a snack, and then help cooking...

On the topic of things that are spinach-and-cheese and also delicious, soft pretzels. Barnes & Noble sell them, I think, with feta cheese and spinach, and probably typing up an entire blog post about food is not helping my case of hunger pangs.

Is there a more boring subject I could waste time talking about? Or at least one less food-related...

So reading endless cases in law school can be tedious and very long-winded, but I'm always amused when I find opinions by courts who clearly have a sense of humor (or have just had to put up with way too much stupidity from people at large). There was that opinion J found last semester where the entire thing was written in poetry a la The Night Before Christmas. Then the opinion about Barbie and Aqua's trademark infringment with its song. And today the opinion we read for LP about incompetent lawyers who failed to cite properly in their appellate briefs and wrote in crayon. (I still can't gauge whether or not that was serious; I sincerely hope not, because just. What. I can't even comprehend what would possess a practicing attorney to do that.)

...well, I'm still hungry.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I plan to base my practice on crayon briefs.