Wednesday, January 14, 2009

simple pleasures

Tonight, we had hot pot for dinner! In Korea, they call the dish "shabu shabu", evidently, which is a Japanese term for a Mongolian-style dish. In the end, I've concluded, it All Came From China, like everything else.



I've continued eating like a crazy person these past two days - or maybe just someone with a tapeworm (and not, as has been suggested, someone who's pregnant, har har). I had two dinners last night and two lunches this morning; I've been craving the antipasto salad and personal pizza from school, both which I had today. I think I've finally satisfied the strange, compulsive hunger; I feel full at last, and actually rather...fat. Mentally. Now I feel like I need to drink a lot of milk and orange juice and exercise a lot.

I actually worry a fair bit over my health, because though my immune system generally seems to like me and I rarely even get colds, much less anything more serious, I always feel as if I'm not a particularly healthy person. I don't get enough vitamins, fruit, calcium, potassium, exercise... I probably have far too many carbs and proteins, sadly delicious and Asian, but not the healthiest of foods on which to subsist.

(I just corrected that from "foods to subsist on" because ending sentences with prepositions does bother me, and I physically twitch whenever people say "where you at" because, god, I hate you so much!)

Food aside though, I also feel like I've been sleeping a decent amount lately, but I'm not sure if it's helping me focus better or feel less sore. There is probably always more work I could be doing, but I actually have begun prioritizing sleep fairly highly. I didn't in college, and it was not a fun experience. Older and wiser, I say that getting a good night's sleep will really make a world of difference in your mood, concentration, and overall health. Plus, I think I just love sleep.

This is a pretty boring post about my health habits (or lack thereof)... Let me continue briefly on that note and just add that: my hair is getting long! :D I should probably trim it fairly soon, or something.

I'm sure I have thoughts about law school too, but putting them down usually just stresses me out, because I realize how much work I have to do. I really wish we'd get our Property grade back though, and (I don't know if it's better or worse to want this but) I hope I did better on it than I feared. It would give me a pretty good GPA for the first semester, which would be nice generally and helpful for getting jobs, whether for this summer or next. So, here's hoping I didn't totally fuck up that Property exam...

Here's to less boring posts in the future! I should take up skydiving or some other exciting hobby, maybe try to be internet famous like J...I'd probably have more interesting stories to tell then.

No comments: