Friday, November 13, 2009

还记得那场音乐会的烟火♪

This has been a particularly spacey week for me. I have been more mentally and emotionally disengaged from life than I've been in a while, I think. I take forever responding to IMs and text messages because I forget I was talking to people, and I am just not all there in any of my classes anymore - even the ones I find interesting, like Censorship or Korean. It might just be this week, or it might be the timing of the semester.

I need to update my outlines for CWCC and Copyright and start figuring out what's going with Transnational. I need to start printing things and mailing things and applying for summer internships.

I really wish my hair would grow out quicker. I've decided I'm tired of short hair and I should just stick with long hair from now on - I'm pretty girly. I might as well own up to it now. It's at that awkward length right now that is both ugly and irritating.

I have actually been napping a lot this week, either a product or a cause of all my spaciness. I'm not quite sure, but it's been a little strange. Not bad, necessarily, just unusual.

I am excited that the regular season for college basketball is finally off the ground, though! I'm also impressed with how high UNC is ranked preseason despite most of our championship team leaving for the NBA. Here's hoping we do well, still.

I love sending and receiving snail mail. Nothing can quite replace letters, and that is why I will always like cute stationery and cute pens. It brings a smile to people's faces, I think, to get little surprises in the mail. I am definitely sending out Christmas cards again this year.

I also love my family and it's been nice to be reminded of that recently.

Hey, I think, no matter what, it's going to be all right. :)

You're smiling like you've never forgotten how, wide and beautiful. There's joy in your laughter and in the way your arm slides around me, comfortable, like it's always belonged there. I can't take my eyes off you. I can't help following your every move, feeling like there's only the two of us in this big, big world.


There are these memories you'll never be able to take from me. These gorgeous, golden memories that define a lifetime of everyday epiphanies.

No comments: