Friday, November 20, 2009

still waiting out this lifetime

My mom called today. Apparently we're having C and A's families over for Thanksgiving dinner... I'm not that close with either of them. It's a little strange. At least I'll see A and J on Wendesday, hopefully. I don't know if I'll get a chance to see the Huangs.

Other than Wednesday, though, my break needs to be dedicated to doing a lot of work. I'm going to have to figure out how to pack for this, considering that I don't want to bring a lot back.

Star Trek came out Tuesday on DVD, so J and I went over to D's after dinner to watch it. His roommates were occupying the TV watching college basketball, so we just hung around the kitchen table, talking and such.

We didn't get to watching Star Trek until about 11 or 11:30, but I entertained myself until then with the model of the Enterprise that came with the DVD. I totally zoomed that thing around in "warp speed". I possibly was at the mentality of a six-year-old last night. Finally getting to rewatch Star Trek was great though, because Chris Pine is delicious and I love Zachary Quinto. It's fun to rewatch things, because I saw everything in a slightly different light, knowing more about Star Trek in general than I did upon the first viewing of the movie. Little details! Knowing how things turn out! Tributes to the original series! Mmm, Captain Fine.

I think too much forced Nano writing earlier this month has turned me off writing for a while. I need a break. It could also be due to the rain and the pressure of looming finals. I wish I could get my act together regarding mail and printing things out. I also have to remember to buy Christmas cards (and collect addresses), and get on buying my brother's Christmas present.

I don't feel as organized as I'd like to be (or feel like I should be). I need more to do lists and better adherance to them and the ability to cross things off and feel accomplished.

Ugh, UNC lost to Syracuse tonight.

No comments: