Friday, March 27, 2009

walk this road and wear it down

You were mine first and I hate that it means nothing, because I don't have a right to you just because I knew you first. I hate that it feels like I'm losing you. And you. And you.

I know you don't understand what it feels like. I'm not asking you to.

Just...give me a little time to work it out, so I'm not miserable every time I see you, wondering whether I still matter the same, or at all. I know better than this. I know I matter. I just have to conquer my own fears and doubts

It's not a matter of possession, but a matter of trust. That's what friendships are built on.

I have to trust you (and you and you) that you aren't going to slowly, one by one, walk away from me. Because sometimes that's what it feels like.

(And sometimes anger is an easier path to take than fear.)

No comments: