Sunday, November 16, 2008

you can fly - higher

They say start fresh, start again. This is a new beginning, a blank slate. Try once more to recreate your life, to build up the pieces of who you are, only this time you can arrange it carefully, as you want.

This is your life. It is in your hands. Take it: do something with it. Create, mold, shape, transform - this is you, your life, let it go and fall to pieces and put it all back together again, in your image, in your will. Your every wish.

But sometimes it's hard to take that breath or that plunge. Sometimes it's terrifying to let it go, to trust that it will be okay, that you will be okay, that things will come together again. It's hard to let go of the past and not be a little, a lot, scared of the future. (因为爱还是未知的未来?)

That is why I cling to the past sometimes, why it's hard to let go of memories or who I used to be, even if they are not all good memories or everything I wanted to be. There may have been failures, disappointments, sadness, anger - but it was mine, it was me, it was (most importantly) familiar. That's why it's easy to miss the friends I had, why easy to make golden and simple the childhood that was never quite so, why it's easy to stay back, cautious, instead of rushing headlong into the unknown - for it could be brilliant, dazzling, profound, or it could be terrifying.

Why are you holding your breath? Why am I afraid to go, to run, to reach for the person I could maybe be? The future I could maybe have? The life that could be fuller, more interesting, more knowing, for all that I have experienced, good or bad?

How will I feel, looking back? How will I know? In the end, in the end, what really matters? When your vision blurs and when you can no longer breathe - what is really important?

I have the people to fall back on, don't I? I have every reason to push forward and try, don't I?

There is this thing called faith, and it is so much more than mere religion.

(我怕时间太快,我怕时间太慢.)

Maybe. Maybe maybe maybe.

Maybe change is something to be embraced, if you have the certainty in yourself, and the certainty in those who believe in you.

Fly, fly, get 'em up high.

No comments: