Sunday, February 8, 2009

i'm sorry i can't say it to your face

01. I know we're not that close, but way to shaft me. It hurts, and we might've been good friends, but now I don't really want to bother. Just go ahead and hang out with my friends, whatever. I think I'll just be antisocial for life. But also: fuck you. I don't care whether or not it was intentional, it was still a shitty thing to do. God, I'm in a pissy mood.

02. I like you a lot, I really do. I just don't think we have that much in common - which usually wouldn't stop me, but we just don't seem to have much to talk about. We don't really hang out. You're closer to other people and I'm okay with that. Really.

03. I like you when you're not being cute with the guys. Or trying to be cute. I don't know what it is, but that really rubs me the wrong way. Outside of that though, I think you're great. You're fun to hang out with and talk to, except I suppose when you get incredibly stressed. But that happens to all of us. I think the hardest part is dealing with my own anxieties. Sometimes I think I'm afraid you'll replace me.

04. Distance has put some things in perspective for me, and that perspective is telling me that you're young and we don't really have that much in common. I should tell you to live out your glamorous life now while you can, but I don't really want to, since you're doing it already, and being a bit supercilious about it too. I gotta say it: you're not anywhere close to my favorite person at the moment.

05. I miss you.

06. You're my favorite. You've done so much to help me, but you've shown me that you're not infallible either. You're vulnerable, too, despite seeming like you can solve the world's problems. I love you. Thank you.

07. I guess we were never really best friends; it was more a matter of convenience. I guess I'm okay with that. I still like you a lot and I still think we're, well, pretty good friends.

08. Sometimes I really love you. Sometimes I think you just don't get it. But what can I do? To each his or her own. You have to live and learn.

09. I just want to make you proud, but I'm always afraid I won't be good enough. You've worked so hard and I don't know how I can begin to pay everything back. On the other hand, though, there are times when I feel like you will never quite understand me, or where I'm coming from. But I suppose that doesn't change too much in the grand scheme of things. The important things remain.

10. I like you least of everyone I've ever met. I think you're weak, and useless, and you try but not hard enough. I think you rationalize away things to make yourself feel better when deep down you know it's not the case. It's pretty sad to watch, really. I do like some things about you, but there's so much I don't like about you that I...I'm just confused when other people like you. What do they see? Maybe they just don't see enough. Maybe if you change, one day you'll be good enough. You do have some good points. Work on those.

No comments: