Wednesday, February 4, 2009

such is this beautiful life



I am sincerely and genuinely happy for L, because I love her a lot and she deserves this. I'm not the least bit envious, or bitter, and to be able to say that makes me happy. I just hope nothing spoils this for her, because she shouldn't deserve to feel bad for doing well, and for getting this.

Despite not having been selected for the Africa program, I don't feel as stressed out as I could be. I honestly believe everything will work out. Things will be okay. I'm doing the best I can, and I am willing to believe that it will be enough.

Life has its ups and downs, but such is life. I take it as it comes and I have to learn to like it, to love it, because I do, I love my life and its joys and sorrows and struggles and disappointments. This is what life is about.

I'm an introvert and I need time on my own to recharge, but too much time on my own is not a good idea either. I love people. I truly care about other people. Spending time with them makes me happy and reminds me that I have a lot (so much) to be grateful for. Positive energy is contagious and uplifting, and it's a good feeling.

I sincerely and genuinely believe things will be okay. For me. For us. For this thing we call life.

(I will miss you. I really, really will, and sometimes that makes me sad. I know I made the right decision in the end, though. So believe in me, and in this. It will be okay.)

It's not selfish to live a life that will make you happy. What makes me happy is what makes you (my family), and you (my friends), and you (myself) happy.

Be happy. Live your life so that you can be.

Everything will be all right.

No comments: