Monday, February 23, 2009

more than just this



You should never define yourself solely by your accomplishment. Nor should you ever define yourself by other people's accomplishments.

It's so easy to feel as though you are just not good enough, but - I just realize I always do this. I always write in second person when I'm feeling particularly discouraged, as if to distance myself from my failure.

I should never define myself solely by my accomplishments. Nor should I ever define myself by other people's accomplishments. I am more than an aggregation of my academic achievements. I will step away from believing that I am not good enough.

It's a hard world that gets to define what is good, what is enough, but they can quantify only my accomplishments. I am more than that. They cannot judge me on my worth.

I am more than this.

No comments: