Friday, March 19, 2010

the puzzle of constant eating

Today and yesterday have been bizarre days in terms of eating: that is, I can't seem to stop. My brain's "Hey, you're full, stop putting things in your mouth" trigger seems to be off, because I keep getting tempted by delicious smells or pictures or even just the thought of deliciousness and then I want to eat again. Usually, you're tempted and your brain says: "Actually, your stomach wouldn't be happy with you if you ate that." My brain seems to be on vacation on that point. (Or possibly on every point; my brain wants a break, okay?)

I've had so many meals and snacks in the past two days that I can feel myself gaining weight. But I still want to eat. (I feel like Closet Cooking is at least partly to blame. Those pictures are amazingly mouth-watering.)

Don't worry; this is offset by the days where I have zero appetite. Those aren't fun days either.

But I suppose I am at least balanced.

(It may be due to my increased water intake lately? Less dehydrated, more appetite? Can you tell I don't remember anything from the last science class I took in, uh, fall 2005?)



On an unrelated note: March Madness started today! Notice my lack of caring, thank you, UNC...

No comments: