Thursday, March 25, 2010

a room with a view (OF HELL) -eddie izzard

I guess this is a product of my being INFJ - the "I" in the particular - but I've never had a problem with eating meals on my own? I don't find it lonely or sad; it's actually nice, sometimes, because I recharge in my own time. I need the break from other people. That's not to say I don't like being social or don't want company or people to talk to sometimes; it doesn't mean I wouldn't choose to eat with others over eating by myself (though just as often I choose eating by myself over eating with others). I like people, really. Sometimes, when I'm down, having someone to hang out with or talk to distracts me and manages to help me feel a lot better. But, in the end, I need time to myself to be in a good mental and emotional place. Spending an extended period of time with a large group of people doesn't energize me but rather exhausts me. I prefer one-on-one or small groups.

This post brought to you by random observations.

Oh, one day I do want to make a post about how our circle of friends reflect who we are in that our friends reflect the kind of people we like to spend time with. But then there are also multiple circles of friends who reflect different things about us because we only "choose" our friends to a certain extent. And despite commonalities, sometimes you discover you are very different regarding certain things (some of which turn out to be more important than others)...

But that's for another day. I'm going to bed early tonight.

1 comment:

firefoot said...

most of my friends are deranged.




so I would say: yes, quite an accurate reflection.