Thursday, April 8, 2010

the springtime of our youth?



I love spring. I love it even though the pollen count climbs ever higher and covers the world in a thin film of yellow and has everyone around me (myself included) tearing up and sneezing in the most unattractive manner. Despite the human reaction to spring, the world around me is so gorgeous that I don't mind. I love the sunlight, warm and golden, not yet scorching hot and oppressive like it gets during summer. The leaves are just budding, young and spring green, and the flowers - spring flowers are my favorite.

I keep telling myself and others that my favorite flower's probably the gardenia but I might as well own up to the fact right now that it isn't. I love gardenias - they're pretty and they smell divine, but they are summer flowers and they grow on shrubs. I love spring flowers best: cherry and peach blossoms, tulips and daffodils, irises and hydrangeas and everything that is colorful and perennial and gorgeous.

Daffodils are so sunny and cheerful; tulips come in a palette of colors that just makes me happy. White tulips can be so elegant, too. Whenever (if?) I get married one day, I think I'll want tulips there. They are just so pretty. ♥

There are other thoughts I want to blog about later, but right now I'm just enjoying the gorgeous weather and season.

No comments: