Monday, January 17, 2011

what are these words coming out of my mouth?

I realized lately that I have a pretty casually foul mouth. My shoes hurt me? I don't go "ow!", I go "motherfucker!" When things annoy me, I don't say, "This aggravates me," I say, "This shit is fucking unacceptable." I feel like I should clean up my language and make more use of, you know, the many varied words the English language offers! Creativity, I used to have it. Now it's the same four-letter words over and over.

I really should censor myself more, though, because it's gotten to the point where this stuff comes out accidentally in front of people it shouldn't because I am so accustomed to it. Bad idea. (Though it's always funny when people are like "oh Mei! I never expected such language from you!" Inevitably, I think, "Man, you don't (fucking) know me at all, do you?")

I will take a pledge to not use foul language for at least a week! Let's see how successful I am, or if I'll owe myself a lot of money at 20c for each expletive - bets on how much change I'll have laundry by the end of this week?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Learn from the Singaporeans and use Singlish ;)

NABEI
KAOBEI
KNNBCCB
WA LAU EH
WA KAO
KENA SAI
DAMN JIALAT

that should give you more variety :D

lovely said...

hehe TELL US HOW THIS GOES. :3 :3

for me, pre-uni, I used to be the person who never swore, basically, and so even now, I'm very much aware of it, haha. as in, if anything resembling foul language comes out of my mouth, it is unlikely that it slipped out and more likely that I am very conscious of saying it in the back of my head. *_______*

(I WISH BLOGGER WOULD LET ME LEAVE MY ACTUAL NAME WHEN I COMMENT instead of random google accounts ;___;)

♥mei said...

@Gem I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ANY OF THOSE MEAN BUT...THANKS... :D

@Liz lol oh liz ilu. It used to be more infrequent with me too but now, ugh, not so much. I failed this pledge within 3 or 4 hours, I'm pretty sure.